Full Body Coverage
As with most of the massage chairs we are reviewing, the Ideal Shiatsu Chair also offers a full body massage that targets every inch of your body from your neck to your feet. The included 3-D body scan detects your body size for a more personalized massage. In addition, the back roller covers the entire back area from the neck all the way down to the tailbone.
Programs and Combinations
You’ll get a total of 14 different types of massage combinations and 4 programs which include:
- Activate Mode – This setting provides a deep, strong massage to assist in getting your blood pumping and your body loosened, which is especially nice for starting out the day.
- Relaxation Mode – The name says it all. The relaxation mode is utilized for unwinding and removing the tension and stress from your body. It’s a softer, gentler massage that effectively allows your body to release tightness in your muscles.
- Lower and Upper Back Modes – If you just have a certain area that you would like to target in the back area, the lower and upper back modes will concentrate only on the area you specify.
Zero gravity chairs create a weightless feeling; this concept was developed by NASA and is designed to alleviate the pressure in your spine and vertebra by elevating your feet above your heart to a zero gravity position which increases circulation, and decreases back pain. It also allows your heart to work less and your body to relax more.
There are 4 different massage functions associated with this chair, they include:
- Kneading – This function is a circular technique that involves compressing skin and underlying muscle and tissues in a circular motion.
- Shiatsu – A form of massage that is designed to improve circulation, remove toxins from the body, relieves stiff muscles, and alleviates stress by using pressure.
- Spinal Rolling (back stretching) – Plenty of health benefits associated with spinal rolling. This massage function promotes flexibility in the spine; it also helps to overcome drowsiness and stiffness associated with waking up in the morning. Also, using at night can assist in sleep.
- Vibrating – Vibration massage is beneficial in stimulating the organs, increasing circulation, and relaxing the whole body.
In addition to these massage functions; this chair also has three-speed settings so you can set your massage to the intensity you desire. The massage roller mimics human hands and you’ll receive an optimized massage similar to what you would receive if you booked a session with a professional massage therapist.
Enjoy pampering your feet with the included foot massager with 6 stimulating kneading balls which are located on the soles of the foot to provide a deep penetrating massage to tired, achy feet.
With this chair, you’ll have the option to set the length of your massage anywhere from 5 minutes to 30 minutes for an uninterrupted programme session without having to mess with the remote. All that is required is to lay back, close your eyes, and enjoy.
This chair has an added heat therapy function located in the back portion of the chair. Heat helps to relieve sore muscles and can be used in combination with any one of the auto massage programs, or manual programs and combinations.
Four powerful motors and two air pumps are included in this chair. It comes with a convenient remote control with pocket for easy storage. Wheels are positioned at the rear of the chair for easy movement. There are also four different colors to choose from, they are red, black, brown, and cream.
- The roller will extend all the way from your neck to your tailbone, which gives you a thorough back massage experience.
- Fairly easy to set up as it comes mostly pre-assembled.
- Have very powerful motors and a lot of combinations of massage.
- For all the features available, this chair is affordably priced amongst all top rated massage chairs.
- A bit bulky and does require some extra room in the rear for reclining, when ordering take this into consideration so you can plan accordingly.
- The foot portion does not recline separately from the back; the function is pre-set though you can control how far the chair does recline.
For the money, which we might add is considerably reasonable; you are getting a wide variety of features and functions; the same that you would get in a more expensive massage chair. After thorough research while writing the Shiatsu Chair with Built-in Heat and True Zero Gravity review, we have determined that it is a nice choice for someone who is watching their budget, but also has specific needs like zero gravity, preset and manual programs, plus full body caretaking. In addition, the health benefits that you will receive with this chair are also something to consider. As we mentioned previously, it is a larger chair and does require some additional room for reclining, however, the material is easily cleaned and it has a very sophisticated look that would go well in any home or office.